In the wild, cats will seek out sheltered confines. It’s in her nature to hide and keep track of her surroundings. Try mimicking this desired hideout with a simple cardboard hidey box.
What You Need:
- Cardboard box
- Shipping tape
- X-ACTO or utility knife (use under adult supervision)
- Construction paper and non-toxic glue
- Felt or fleece or carpet remnants
How To Make It:
- Build your box. Take the flaps closed with shipping tape
- Use a pencil to sketch out the door your cat will use to enter and exit the box, get creative with the shape and placement of windows or other openings
- Use the X-ACTO or utility knife to cut the door, windows or other openings
- Set it out for your cat to explore
Use markers or construction paper to decorate your cat’s new hideout. Help her get comfortable by lining the floor of the box with felt or fleece.