THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU MEET THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY:The Purina® Pro Plan® #MenAndCatsContest("Contest") isopen only to men who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry (19 years of age or older if a resident of AL or NE). Anyone who is a legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older at the time of entry (19 years of age or older if a resident of AL or NE), a man or a woman, may submit entries on behalf of a man with his permission (and would be considered a “Nominator”). The following individuals are not eligible: employees, contractors, directors and officers of Nestlé Purina PetCare Company ("Sponsor"), its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and the web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, "Contest Parties"), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and spouse or "step" of each) of, and those living in the same households as, each such individual. Contest is void outside the USA and where prohibited.
- OVERVIEW: Post a picture to Instagram or Twitter (“Entry”) of a man and at least one domestic cat with the hashtag #MenAndCatsContest and @ProPlanCat. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges to determine the Grand Prize winners. The eleven Grand Prize winners will be announced on or about October 15, 2015.
- TO ENTER THE CONTEST: Post a picture of yourself (“Entrant”) or a man you know with at least one domestic cat (a “Nominee”) to Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #MenAndCatsContest and also tag the Sponsor @ProPlanCat. If you are entering on behalf of a Nominee, then you, the Nominator, must have permission from the Nominee to enter him in this Contest and you must also tag the Nominee in the photo using his Twitter or Instagram handle. You must include the hashtag #MenAndCatsContest and tag the Sponsor at @ProPlanCat for your entry to be eligible for the Contest. Entries must be posted to Instagram or Twitter between 12:01 a.m. ET on August 31, 2015 and 11:59:59 p.m. ET on September 14, 2015 (the “Contest Entry Period”). Sponsor is not responsible for late Entries. Entries that meet the Entry Requirements and Conditions of Entry specified below may be posted at the Sponsor's Website or social media sites.
You may submit more than one Entry; however, each Entry must be unique and different from any other Entries submitted. No correspondence about Entries will be entered into, nor will entries be acknowledged or returned. If required information is not included, Entry will be disqualified.
If you think that any Entry posted to the Sponsor's Website infringes your intellectual property rights, click here if you wish to report it: http://www.purina.com/General/CopyrightInfringementNotice.aspx.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: The Entry should depict the unique relationship between man and cat. Only Purina® Pro Plan® brand logos are allowed in the entry. Any Entry that includes/mentions images of any other logos or branded products may be disqualified. Judging of the entries will not be influenced by the inclusion or exclusion of the Purina® Pro Plan® logo or name.
Pictures may be in color or black/white. Pictures must be a single photographic image – not a collage of pictures/images. Pictures must also follow the rules established by the Social Media platform you are posting on.
- CONTENT REQUIREMENTS: Entrants and/or Nominators may capture the photograph themselves, or Entrants and/or Nominators may have another person capture the photograph. If someone other than the Entrant and/or Nominator has captured the photograph, the Entrant and/or Nominator must have permission from that person to submit the photograph and Entrant and/or Nominator must be able to obtain a signed release from the photographer upon the request of Sponsor. If photograph features a cat that is not owned by the Entrant and/or Nominator, Entrant and/or Nominator must have permission from the owner of each such cat to submit the photograph. Entrant and/or Nominator must be able to obtain a signed release from the owner upon request of the Sponsor.
Because Nestlé Purina PetCare Company promotes the compassionate care of all pets, photographs depicting or describing animals in unsafe conditions or not exemplifying responsible pet ownership, in Sponsor's sole discretion, will not be considered.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:Entrant and/or Nominator warrants and represents that the Photograph:
(a) is original (photograph may be captured by someone other than the Entrant and/or Nominator if the Entrant and/or Nominator obtained permission to submit the photograph, as set forth below) and has been legally created;
(b) does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity rights, ownership or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
(c) has not been entered in previous contests or won previous awards;
(d) is suitable for public viewing.
(e) Entrant in photograph must be fully clothed.
(f) photograph must contain one man and at least one domestic cat.
(g) no other species of animals or people are allowed to be in the photograph.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant and/or Nominator represents that he/she owns all rights to each element of his/her Entry, including, without limitation, the copyrights in the photograph. If someone other than the Entrant and/or Nominator captured the photograph, Entrant and/or Nominator further represents that he/she has obtained an assignment of rights from the third party that captured the photograph. Entrant and/or Nominator also acknowledges that he/she may be required to obtain a written assignment of rights to the materials produced by such individual. Sponsor's determination as to whether the photograph violates the rights of any third party is final.
Each Entrant irrevocably grants Sponsor and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), on an exclusive basis within the petcare category, each element of the Entrant's Entry, and use of the Entrant's name, likeness, photograph (collectively, "Likeness"), and/or statements regarding his participation in this Contest (with or without using the Entrant's name) in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, and without additional compensation or approval from the Entrant or any other party. Entrant waives intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Sponsor's use of any element of the Entry, and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor for the use of any element of the Entry or Entrant's Likeness or statements. Entrant further grants all end users of Sponsor’s Web Site (a) the ability to rate, vote, review, comment on and tag the Entry; (b) the ability to send and distribute the Entry via e-mail, instant messenger, and via social media or other electronic means.
Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor, its agencies and Contest Parties and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the "Indemnitees"), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnitees due to or arising out of the use of any element of Entrant's Entry, or the Entrant's conduct in submitting an Entry or creating a photograph or otherwise in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement, violation of an individual’s right of publicity or right of privacy, or defamation. Entrant further agrees to release Sponsor from any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes Entrant's rights with regard to any elements or ideas contained in any element of the Entry. Should a Nominee be selected as a potential winner, Nominee will be required to sign a release agreeing to these official rules, see #9 General Conditions.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: Entries will be judged by a qualified panel of judges ("Judges") who will evaluate each Entry based on the following judging criteria:
- Relevance – Image captures the unique relationship between Man and Cat (50%)
- Composition – Image layout is composed and cropped with balance (25%)
- Originality – Image content is unique and creative (25%)
There will be two rounds of judging. The first round of judging will be conducted by the Administrator of this Contest where the highest scoring 150 Entries will be selected. A separate panel of judges will then judge these top 150 entries to determine the eleven (11) highest scoring entries.
The eleven (11) highest scoring Entries in the Contest will be declared potential winners, subject to verification, and will be notified on or before October 1, 2015 by a direct message via the social media platform on which the Entry was posted. In the unlikely event of a tie, the winner will be selected from among the tied Entries based on the highest score for Originality. The Grand Prize will be awarded to the man featured in the photograph (the Entrant or the Nominee, if the entry was submitted by a Nominator).
- PRIZES: Eleven (11) Grand Prizes: Each winner will receive 14 coupons for a Free(up to $23.99) 6 lb. bag of Purina® Pro Plan® Shredded Blend dry cat food, any variety. Maximum approximate retail value of each of the Grand Prizes: $335.86. Individual retail prices may vary. Prize will be awarded to the man featured in the photo, and not the Nominator, if a winning Entry was submitted on behalf of someone else. Each Grand Prize winner’s winning photograph may also be featured in the 2016 Extraordinary Men and Cats calendar. No additional compensation will be given to the winner besides what is described in these Official Rules.
Total approximate value of all available prizes is: $3,695.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potentialwinners are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Potential winners (Entrant or Nominee) will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and, where lawful, a Publicity Release. Each Potential winner will also be required to execute an Assignment of Rights, in which he/she irrevocably assigns and transfers to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in each element of the Entry (including the photo and title), including, without limitation, all copyrights, and waives all moral rights in those works. All completed documents must be returned to Administrator within 7 days of the date notice was sent or Winner status will be forfeited and an alternate Finalist may be selected. Notification of winners’ status must be kept confidential until the winners are announced by Sponsor. Failure to comply with this rule may result in disqualification. All winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective individual prizes. No substitution of prize will be offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferable. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (b) violating the Official Rules; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to require winners to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility as a condition of awarding any prize to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring Contest Parties into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Nominators/Entrants/winners agree that the Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. This Contest is governed by the laws of the state of Missouri, and by entering Nominators/Entrants/winners agree that all claims or disputes must be resolved exclusively in the federal or state courts in St. Louis, Missouri.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE:No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Contest Parties resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Contest Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other on-line communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. Sponsor and Contest Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of the Web Site is at user's own risk. Sponsor and the Contest Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Web Site or the download of any information from the Web Site. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant releases Sponsor and Contest Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Entrant's participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize in the Contest, winners agree that the Sponsor and Contest Parties shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize. Sponsor and Contest Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest or scheduled commercial broadcast is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a "Force Majeure Event").
- Winners Names: The names of the winners will be posted at www.proplan.com/menandcatscontest after all winners are confirmed.
- Sponsor: Nestlé Purina PetCare Company, Checkerboard Square, St. Louis, MO 63164. Administrator: Promotion Fulfillment Center, 311 21st St., Camanche, IA 52730