All of us at Purina® want to congratulate Charlie, the Skye Terrier who took home Best in Show honors at the 2015 National Dog Show. From Charlie’s luxurious grey coat to his sweet, gentle manner, it’s easy to see why Judge Espen Engh picked him as the top dog.
- 4 1/2-year-old Charlie has been turning heads since he began showing, and after a triumphant year he has achieved the honor of winningest Skye Terrier ever. He has won 78 Best In Shows, and over 200 Best In Group awards. Earlier this year he finished second at the 139th Westminster Dog Show.
- Charlie’s full name is GCH Cragsmoor Good Time Charlie.
- Charlie is part of a long line of Best In Show winners to be fed Purina® Pro Plan®, In fact the last 4 Best in Show winners and 94 of the top 100 AKC all-breed show dogs are fed Purina® Pro Plan®. Charlie is powered by Purina® Pro Plan® SPORT Performance 30/20 Chicken & Rice Formula - to get an expert food recommendation for the champion in your life visit myPlan.
- Victor Malzoni and Nancy Shaw are Charlie’s owners. He was bred by Gene Zaphiris and Matt Stander of Cragsmoor Kennels, Reg. of Oyster Bay, New York, and he is handled is Larry Cornelius of Ocala, Florida.
- Did you know Skye Terriers have been bred since the seventeenth century? It’s true! One of the oldest, rarest Terrier breeds, they were originally bred on the Isle of Skye off the west coast of Scotland. They’re known for being extremely loyal, energetic dogs, who are wary of strangers but great friends to familiar faces.
Congrats, Charlie! You clearly have a nose for victory.